May 3rd, 2017 smartWare update:
NB: this site will soon amalgamate with a
completely re-worked, easy to navigate new site at
… for ALL your box making needs
Production of the smartLock is well underway and I will making it available on the new site in a few days
smartLock has been undergoing its final, exhaustive trials!
A great deal of effort has gone into ensuring that the new smartLock is as good as it can possibly be and accordingly the most recent prototypes have been subjected to every possible stress test. Click on one of the images below for a taster …
It passed with flying colours! So, production is currently in progress and at long last a worthy stablemate to smartHinge will very soon be available.
smartLock offers a host of smart features not found on other box locks:
• beautifully simple, elegant design – blends with a wide range of styles
• matches smartHinge exactly
• available in polished brass, stainless steel and gold plated
• elegantly designed and made key – not too traditional, not too modern [see below]
• simple, robust design – crispest, smoothest action of any lock, 100% reliable
• hook action
• ultra slim casement
• the easiest of any lock to install
• 1/4 turn to lock/unlock – no wasted motion as with the usual 3/4 turn
• plates can be squared off for a more traditional look
• British made – superbly made and finished in the West Midlands
• and a host of other details that just make smartLock so much better than anything else available!
In fact, all you’d expect from this long-awaited companion to the smartHinge.
The key to success:
Getting the key right is a very important part of a lock. We tried everything – fabrication, casting, hot stamping … It had to be good looking, strong, elegant and beautifully finished. Unbelievably the solution turned out to be … machine from solid. So, it had to be done:
all finishes of smartHinge currently in stock! Click here to buy
polished brass • stainless steel • gold plated
** smartLock almost here!
|The current manufacturers are based in the British West Midlands, a traditional area for this sort of high quality work, and show every sign of treating my [and my customers’] hardware requirements with a great deal more care, common sense and courtesy than anyone before them. Long may it continue!|
in the meantime …please subscribe to my newsletter by clicking the blue button below.
– you will then be informed as soon as everything is back on stream again.
Please read my last few newsletters for explanations of how the current situation has come about. Next newsletter will be out soon …